As the name means that the e-book has been digitized and it is the electronic book format. A book, like a textbook, can have numbered pages, charts, tables, and so on.
What are the advantages of an e-book?
1) Protecting the Environment: Reading or buying e-books is very helpful for the environment because, unlike printed books, you don't need trees to make e-books. You can also get more information about eBooks at Exponential Progress.
2) When you buy an e-book, it is delivered almost instantly and you don't have to go to the bookstore or wait a week (sometimes even months) for it to be delivered to your door.
3) E-books are portable so you can carry 1000s of books on a flash drive, CD or laptop when you travel.
4) E-books are easier to read and information is easy to find unlike printed books, which require you to turn the pages.
5) Some e-books offer many bonuses that you cannot get with the published version.
6) Many e-books are interactive and contain audio, video, and flash, which make them more interesting and fun to read.
7) Nowadays, due to advances in technology, it is possible to read e-books.
8) The price is much cheaper than the print format, and there are no additional shipping and packaging costs.
9) E-books can be easily printed whenever and wherever you want.
10) EBooks can be purchased and downloaded anytime, anywhere. All you need is an internet connection.