A pediatric dentist is a dentist that takes care of children from infancy through their teen years to the time they will switch to a regular dentist.
Pediatric dentistry is a specialty that a dentist can choose to specialize in after becoming a licensed dentist. They have to have completed four years of dental school and two more years of residency training in dentistry for infants to teens that have special needs.
If you are looking for pediatric dentistry services, then you can browse https://firststreetsmiles.com/.
Some of the treatments that a pediatric dentistry office might offer can include:
• Oral health exams for infants
• Prevention dental care that includes fluoride treatments, cleanings, and diet and nutrient information.
• Counseling for habits such as thumb sucking and pacifier use
• Treatment and early assessment for improper biting correction and teeth straightening
• Repairing defects or tooth cavities
When you are looking for pediatric dentistry for the first time there are some things that you should look for before you make your choice. To find good pediatric dentistry you could ask friends and family for a recommendation or you could ask your child's pediatrician.
• Find a pediatric dentist who is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, or American Dental Association.
• To help you located dental clinics in your area you can use the search tool of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
• Find a pediatric dentist that will make the dental experience for your child as comfortable as possible, especially if the child is young and this is the first experience visiting a dentist