Polishing your floors with concrete is one of the most economical and innovative strategies. Due to its growing popularity, it is a key element in any home and commercial construction. Here are some reasons you might need a polished concrete floor:
• Dust Removal: If the mechanically polished concrete on your floor is left unpainted, the tiny dust particles will be pushed onto the surface, which recirculates back into the air and contaminates air quality.
• Leveling of surfaces: By polishing the concrete floor, small, porous surfaces become dense structures. This polishing prevents oil, water, and other contaminants from penetrating the surface.
• Strong: Polishing the concrete floor will make the floor stronger and prevent damage. If you leave a concrete floor unpolished, it can crack as it ages due to rain, changes in temperature, surface tension, improper cleaning, delamination, and more.
• Energy Efficient: With polished concrete floors, you no longer have to worry about turning on the lights during the day. The reflective properties of paint on concrete floors reflect natural light and enhance it in such a way that you don't need artificial light.
• Higher friction compared to other flooring materials: Polished concrete surfaces may look like glass, but the friction is higher than other normal flooring materials. Polished concrete floors, whether dry or wet, often meet industry standards, making it difficult to slide on much more difficult surfaces.